AboutThis blog is maintained by The Law Office of Eric Roper, P.A., and is devoted to current legal issues in the fields of criminal defense, military law, and maritime transportation.
- Drug sniffing dogs and the Fourth Amendment
- Gideon v. Wainwright and the Right to Counsel
- Miranda warnings vs. Article 31(b), UCMJ rights: What’s the difference?
- Florida 1st District Court of Appeals reverses conviction and sentence for felony drug trafficking
- When is a false statement “official” under the Uniform Code of Military Justice?
Monthly Archives: October 2011
Criminal defense lawyers, prosecutors and judges continue to litigate charges brought under Florida Statute Section 893.13, which makes it unlawful for any person to sell, deliver or possess with the intent to sell a controlled substance. If a defendant is … Continue reading
Consider the following hypothetical case. You are home watching TV when you hear a knock at the front door. Answering the door, you find a uniformed police officer who asks if he may come inside and take a look around … Continue reading